Thursday, August 18, 2011

70's Yarn SUPERSTAR!



Have you ever stuck your face in a mish-mash mound of brightly coloured yarn and let the vibrancy wash over you? If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you do. It's quite a sensual experience..........





I finished a project today, which I shall divulge at a later date. I had pretty much the entire contents of my supplies boxes strewn across the 10'x10' work area and had to spend some time cleaning and organizing it. I came across this "vintage" (truly, this stuff is probably at least 30 years old) yarn from either my grandmother or great-grandmother that I forgot I had stashed. The colours were super 70's and frankly, awesome.

I believe the yarn was primarily used to create some pretty groovy floral embroideries. Like this sample:



And I even scored two almost-completed designs! The first one:




The second one:


I totally dig 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...