Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fun Fashions by Ulyana Sergeenko

Now... I'm not one for posting about new fashion lines or pretending like I know about designers. Let's just be honest, we all find that a bit snooty anyway. I don't pretend to know who's who, and I don't slobber lustfully over street style fashion blogs or wait with baited breath for so-and-so's next collection.

[Disclaimer]
This doesn't mean I don't enjoy fashion as a concept, but I'm not sure how I feel about fashion as an industry. I just don't personally care what's "in style" (I'm in no way opposed to being "in style", but I just have no fear of finding myself out of it) and I don't appreciate fashion being marketed to me as though it were one of life's fundamentals for a young woman. Newsflash - it's not.

It's the creativity that I enjoy about fashion, more-so than the actual wearing and attempting to impress. And for me, the funnest part of that is taking two well established fashion concepts and blending them into one, in a way that delicately balances, and without the result looking like there was a glitch in the space-time continuum that spew out a crinkle skirt and neon mesh tank top.
[/Disclaimer]

Perhaps one day I will share some of my own concepts, but for today I felt I must share these pics of Russian designer Ulyana Sergeenko's debut collection. I thought they had vintage charm with an ever-so-subtle kick of ...communism? Whatever it is, these are just fun. And isn't that what it's really all about?




















all photos courtesy of etoday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...